by Brenda Long
I recently asked our staffing software clients for a few of the best or should I say worst excuses they have gotten from their employees for not coming to work. I intended to make a top 10 list, but the response was so great and I think everyone really enjoyed sharing that this is likely to be a weekly series for the next month or so. So check back for the next few Friday mornings and start your day with a good dose of staffing humor.
I can’t decide which is more surprising to me, the ones that are undoubtedly fabricated or those that are so brutally honest.
- Unemployment pays me more
- I don’t have clean clothes and I need to do laundry
- “My dog was murdered.”… but I could hear him barking in the background
- I am being taken to the hospital to have a baby and I didn’t know I was pregnant
- An employee that was a new father was a no show to work and called in saying “I forgot you gotta buy diapers for the baby!”
- I won’t be in today. I’m still drunk from last night
- My neighbor’s daughter got a round hair brush stuck in her hair and I need to help her get it out
- Just not motivated to go to work today but will be there tomorrow
- Called because it was going to be a nice day and she wanted to work on her tan because she was planning on going out that night with her friends.
- Just too good for this kind of work
Feel free to comment with your own great staffing stories and check back next Friday morning for another list of great excuses.