by Brenda Long
A continuation of my staffing humor post from last Friday where I shared a list of 10 excuses our staffing software clients have gotten from their employees for not coming to work. Here’s the next 10…enjoy!
- I won’t be in today because I have come down with Spring Fever.
- Can’t make it in. I have a chance of filling in for someone on jury duty.
- I’m too high to go to work today.
- I had my hair braided last night and it does not look good so I can’t go in! –from a guy!!!
- My mom died. Frank you told me that last month. She really did die this time.
- I had a guy tell me he was not going to be able to be to work because he had 10 tickets to a Brewers baseball game that he had to scalp. He said “I can make more money today scalping these tickets than I can cooking.”
- I’m too tired.
- Water heater broke; can’t take a shower.
- Employee called in VERY sick and could barely talk. Later saw him on T.V at a ball game. Darn big screen.
- My man won’t let me go to work
Feel free to comment with your own great staffing stories and check back next Friday morning for another list of great excuses.