A Worksite Address may seem like a little thing, but it can have a big impact.
Did you know the Worksite Address affects which taxes will be applied? If a customer is entered with a main address, and that address is in a different state than where the work is being performed, the right state/local taxes will not be applied.
Here’s how to create a worksite address in the Avionte system.
1. In the Customer Record you can find the Address Type in the submenu under ‘Address’. Address Types can also be viewed under Detail.
2. To create a new Worksite Address select ‘New Address’. The New Address window opens.
3. Add the new address in the proper fields. The Geo Code is now available and the School District taxes field will populate if appropriate for the location.
4. The Direction box allows you to create specific directions to the Worksite Address. This information will then populate on the Start Sheet. The directions can also be populated on the Updated Time Sheet report.
5. If the state or providence has a Sales Tax you will want to set it up in conjunction with the new address.
6. In some cases you will want to override the Geocode. Not every user will have the ability to do this.
7. At any time this address (or any other address) can be deactivated. If deactivated, the address will no longer show in the drop down list, but it will still be associated with the Orders in which it was used.
8. New Addresses can also be created at the Order level.
This content originally appeared in the Avionte Tip of the Week email on February 23, 2015.
Leave a Reply