Did you know your email profile must be set up if you wish to use any of the email features within Avionte’s temp staffing software? It is easy to do, and you can share when you’re finished. It just takes these steps:
First, create and edit a profile.
- Go to the Start Page.
- From the Actions menu, choose Email Profile or click the Email Profile shortcut button (if set up). This will bring up the Email Profile wizard.
- On the Email Profile tab, enter the following information:
- Profile Name: Enter a name for this email profile.
- Email Address: Enter the email address for this profile.
- User Name: Enter the user name you’d like for this profile.
- Password: Enter the password you would like to have for accessing this profile.
Note: This should be the mail domain password that you already use.
- Retype Password: Confirm the password you created in the field above.
- Reply to Email Address: Set up an email address where replies will go.
- Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): Obtain this information from your administrator.
- Outgoing Mail Server Port: Obtain this information from your administrator.
- Enable SSL: Discuss with your administrator whether or not to enable SSL.
- Test the email profile by clicking Send Test Email.
- Set up your signature (optional).
If you don’t like the double-spacing, hold down the Shift key when you use Enter. This will single space your typed signature.
Note: The HTML tab can be used to add additional items such as images, or social networking links as necessary.
- Click Next to continue to the Share Profile tab.
- On the Share Profile tab you can select the users you want to share this email profile with. Across the top are three buttons that provide options for selecting users. Those options are:
- Select All Users From My Branch: Share this profile with all users at your branch.
- Select All Users From My Supplier: Share this profile with all the users at your supplier.
- Deselect All: Deselect all users.
- Once you have selected the users with whom you would like to share this profile, click Finish to save.
Can I share a profile that I didn’t create? Of course you can!
- Select Mass Mail from the Main tree.
- Select Profile from the sub tree.
- Locate the profile and click the Edit button.
- Click Next to advance to the Share Profile tab.
- Share the profile with selected individuals or groups.
This content originally appeared in the Avionté Tip of the Week email on March 9, 2015.
Leave a Reply