Email Signature Tips and Tricks
Your email signature can say a lot about you and your company.
This week we’re providing some tips and tricks to make your signature unique within Avionté Staffing Software.
Your signature setup is located in your profile.
Here are the steps…
- From the Start Page select the Email Main Tree and the Profile sub tree.
- An existing Profile can be edited by clicking the pencil icon at the far right of the row.
- The Email Profile wizard opens:
Do not copy and paste
Do NOT copy/paste your profile from another source, i.e. Outlook or Google docs. These applications contain proprietary information that can lead to some unexpected formatting. In extreme cases it can actually cause the signature to lose its edit-ability. In this case our Support Center needs to remedy the situation for you.
Remove white space
When adding your signature text, Enter will move your cursor to the next line leaving white space between the rows. Try using Shift + Enter instead to tighten up the spacing.
Enhance the text
Highlight the text of your signature and select font, color, size and style from the toolbar.
Add an email address
Go ahead, add your email address. It is automatically set up with a ‘mail to’ so there is no need to go into the HTML tab.
Add a link
URLs are also automatically set up as a link without the need for HTML coding.
Add a hidden link
If you would like to hide the actual URL and simply show ‘Click Here’, you can do that too!
- Highlight and copy the desired URL, without the initial http://
- Type Click Here (or your preference) in the signature.
- Highlight the words Click Here.
- Click the Hyperlink icon.
- Select one of the options from the drop down.
- Paste the URL in the text field.
- Click OK.
- The link is displayed in your email signature.
Include a graphic
Would you like to include a logo or photo in your signature?
- Save your graphic or photo to an internet accessible location. NOT a location on your local PC.
- Copy the URL, including the graphic name, i.e. http://www.tester.com/graphics/logo.png
- Select the HTML tab.
- Type <img src = http://www.tester.com/graphics/logo.png>
- Return to the Design tab and your graphic is included in your signature:
This content originally appeared in the Avionte Tip of the Week email on September 14, 2015.
Leave a Reply