Colorado’s constitution requires the state’s minimum wage to be adjusted for inflation on an annual basis.
Accordingly, effective January 1, 2016, the state’s minumum wage will increase from $8.23 per hour to $8.31 per hour.
In addition to Colorado, minimum wage rates in the following states will be increased in the new year. Is your state on the list?
• Alaska: $9.75 per hour
• Arkansas: $8.00 per hour
• California: $10.00 per hour
• Connecticut: $9.60 per hour
• Hawaii: $8.50 per hour
• Massachusetts: $10.00 per hour
• Michigan: $8.50 per hour
• Nebraska: $9.00 per hour
• New York: $9.00 (eff. 12/31/2015)
• Rhode Island: $9.60 per hour
• South Dakota: $8.55 per hour
• Vermont: $9.60 per hour
• West Virginia: $8.75 per hour
So, how do you make this change in Avionte?
1. Within the Avionté Core Application access Admin Tools.
2. In the Admin Tools main window, select the Employer category from the left panel.
3. Double-click the employer name in the right panel. This loads a list of available suppliers.
4. Select the Locality/Country tab.
5. Select a state from the Locality column. The details load in the bottom portion of the window.
6. Update the minimum wage for the selected state.
7. Save your changes.
This content originally appeared in the Avionte Tip of the Week email on January 4, 2016.
Leave a Reply