There is no shortage of options when it comes to Applicant Tracking Systems.
But all those options can be daunting. Implementing a new ATS is a big commitment of resources.
It takes a lot of time and resources to install and integrate into your existing systems and get your people up to speed.
It’s a decision you want to get right the first time.
Here are some tips to help you chose the right ATS for your business:
- Talk to the people who will use it. An ATS is only effective when it is used to its full potential. Find out what your gaps are with your current methods and what your team would most like to see from the new system. Ask the right questions. And look for an ATS that is easy to use and integrates into your current system to will give you all the features you need and none that you don’t.
- Choose a simple to use system. Is your ATS easy for applicants to use? No matter how user-friendly your system is on the back end, if candidates struggle or drop out, you won’t get valid data into the system to work with. Applicants want systems that are easy to understand, quick to complete and will notify them that their information has been received.
- Make training a priority. Do the ATS vendors you’re considering offer ongoing training? The best ones along with training provide free training upon installation and with any updates. They should also offer refresher training and training for new employees. Can you count on ongoing support from your ATS provider? No system is flawless, but quick check-ins and great customer service can make all the difference in how easy it is to use a system.
- Look for free updates. Keeping up with new releases and updates can be expensive. Users sometimes postpone updates to save money and avoid the disruption. Choose a vendor who provides free upgrades and encourages hopping onto their latest version, so you remain up-to-date and operating at peak efficiency without added expense.
- Request references. Research is a must, but nothing beats talking to people in your industry who already have the ATS in place. When you request references, look for those whose business is similar to your own to increase the chance that it will be the right fit. Don’t hesitate to ask probing and follow up questions, or interview users of more than one system to be sure you’re choosing the right one.
Do you know what they are and should you be evaluating? Click on the image to learn more.
At Avionté, we provide solutions that increase the efficiency of your staffing firm, improve the quality of the talent you provide and streamline the entire recruitment process. To learn more about the benefits of using Avionté Software for your business, contact us today.
Leave a Reply