Some companies just seem to attract raving fans. And while it may seem that they aren’t doing much to get those positive reviews, oftentimes this is not the case.
These are customers who stick with you through the tough times, seldom quibble on price and go to you, not the internet, when your services don’t live up to their expectations.
Wouldn’t your job be easier if all your clients and candidates were like this? How can you make it happen?
Here are five tips you could try.
- Under promise and over deliver. No doubt you’ve heard this expression before, but it’s impossible to underestimate how important it is in regards to retaining customers and gaining referrals. Deliver high-quality, thoroughly vetted people faster than employers expect. Stay closely in touch with candidates even if you have to give them bad news.
- Empower your employees. Don’t require your team members go to management with every little decision. Adding layers of bureaucracy slows down the process and helps no one. Hire people you can trust and give them autonomy. Clients get faster, better service and you will suffer less stress while getting more done!
- Don’t know what they want? Ask. When you’ve been in business for a while, it’s easy to assume that you know what your customers want. But things change – often in ways you hadn’t anticipated. Check in with your customers from time to time to see what you may be missing. You may uncover an opportunity you wouldn’t have otherwise.
- Reward your best customers. Too often businesses focus on attracting new customers, or on offering discounts or services they don’t provide to existing clients. Think about what kind of message that sends. You may not want to discount in such a low margin business, but there are other ways for clients to get more for their money. Offer freebies or enhanced guarantees to loyal customers.
- Be a resource. Staffing is your specialty, so be an expert for your customers! You may take your knowledge for granted, but your customers won’t. Teach your candidates how to write a resume that will attract attention and get offers with their interview skills. Advise clients on crafting job descriptions that attract the best candidates and on streamlining the onboarding process so they can contribute from the very first day.
At Avionté, we provide solutions for staffing firms that help you to operate more effectively and keep your operational costs down. Our comprehensive recruiting software delivers integrated software systems that make it easier to drive growth, maximize profitability and streamline your administrative tasks, so that you can focus on your serving your customers. To learn more about the many benefits of Avionté staffing software, contact us today.