Avionté is a software technology firm with clients across the country and due to our continued success and growth, we are looking to add a Payroll Tax Administrator to our team! If you are interested in advancing your career in payroll services, with a specialization in taxes, this would be the perfect opportunity for you. You will have the opportunity to collaborate closely with our clients as they navigate payroll tax activities. You will provide expertise to our clients in this area and be a trusted resource to them. If you are looking to be part of a fast-growing, technology organization, this is a fantastic opportunity for you!
This is what you will do:
- Reconcile payroll reports and prepare electronic filing of Federal forms 940, 941, and W2/W3’s as well as filing and remitting taxes for State and Local agencies.
- Respond to client questions on tax account set up.
- Reviews tax information supplied by client; respond to inbound calls and place outbound calls as required by the client.
- Research payroll tax variances and assist with tax reconciliation.
- Research and resolve tax notices and service issues from our clients calling IRS and state agencies when necessary.
- Stay abreast of federal and state tax regulatory changes.
- Recognize, anticipate, and resolve tax issues while making recommendations to clients.
- Support and participate in team QA and audit processes.
- Utilize multiple computer software applications, including our internal HRIS, in conjunction with state and local agency websites, to respond to all client inquiries and complete payroll tax filings.
- Participate in product-related projects or training sessions, as required.
- Maintain integrity and confidentiality of the client’s financial data, ensuring accuracy and reliability of data.
- Maintain strong prioritization and organizational skills and professional communications while thriving in a busy work environment and working comfortably with deadlines.
This is what you need:
- Associates in Management, Business, Finance, or other related degree.
- A minimum of 3 years of accounting/finance or payroll tax related experience.
- Good judgment and analytical with a strong ability to problem-solve.
- Superior attention to detail, organizational skills, resourcefulness, and time-management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well within a small team environment and develop interpersonal relationships with clients.
- Strong aptitude and proficiency in MS Office Products including Teams, Excel, Outlook.
- Payroll certification preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar tax role or in the payroll industry is a plus.
- Customer service experience preferred.