Technical Solutions Engineer, Data Migration will be responsible for managing and performing data migration during client onboarding phase or various acquisitions. Primary duties will be analyzing data from various source systems (databases, spreadsheet etc.), validating content and migrating that into our system. Other duties include troubleshooting issue related to migrated data and resolving them. He/she will be expected to work independently, manage, and support multiple projects simultaneously to meet the delivery dates.
- Develop SQL scripts/SSIS packages to perform large data migrations from legacy source system to the target database in a repeatable and scalable manner.
- Identify and communicate risks related to the data migration, make recommendations, and escalate issues as needed for resolution in a timely manner.
- Provide estimates for data migration tasks as inputs to project planning.
- Work on multiple data migration projects simultaneously.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience developing SQL scripts and setting up databases/tables to import and analyze large datasets.
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server and MS Office and ETL tools like SSIS.
- Effective at planning and managing own workload and ability to split time between unplanned tasks and planned project work.
- Ability to prioritize task and shift work efforts based on the needs of the projects.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Able to work both independently and as a part of a team.
- Ability to work non-standard business hours to accommodate business needs when needed.
- Demonstrate a high degree of personal and professional integrity
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field highly preferred
- Previous data migration experience will be preferred.